Sunday, September 25, 2011

Let's Make a Man Bag - Part 1

I've had some leather samples hanging around for a while - like this one:

 so I thought, how about making a bag.  The bag will be 12" wide, 9" tall, and 3" deep; lined, with one outer pocket, two inner pockets with zippers, and a flap.  Here are my drawings for cuttings for the outside (1/2" seam allowances):


Here are the cuttings:  The Flap





The Front:

The Back:



The Sides (I can't decide between gray or black, so I cut both):


And for a punch of color, the underside of the flap and a pocket:


For the lining, I'm using an old dress shirt.  Here are the cuttings:




And, finally, notions and accessories:  80" of nylon webbing (I like the seat belt type), thread (I'm going to topstitch with the orange), four small magnets (to keep the flap closed), two rings for the strap, a strap adjuster, and a shoulder thingy.





Part 2  - starting construction - next.

1 comment:

  1. I will look smarht with this on my shoulder. Will my new Ipad fit inside?

    ReplyDelete