Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pumpkins!

A few days back I got an innocuous DIY email that normally I would have deleted.  Something caught my eye on this one, though:  pumpkin carving templates.  I was intrigued.  Apparently this is a "thing".  A click here, a google search there, and I started thinking, "hmmm, I could do this."  So, I convinced Mark to go pumpkin hunting** yesterday and we came home with nine:  three big, three medium, and three small.

We both tried our hands at carving yesterday, and here are the results:



Mark's is the skull and mine is the witch.  Pretty good, I must say.

So, today I was feeling bold, and chose this pumpkin, a big one that's nice and tall, too.


I thought, why not two carvings on the same pumpkin, so this is what I came up with



And got my tools out



Viola, the results




I've got six more pumpkins to go...but not today.



**We drove, maybe, 2 miles down the Lynnway to a stand setup with hundreds of pumpkins; but "pumpkin hunting" sounds so much more, well, Autumnal.

No comments:

Post a Comment