Sunday, May 31, 2015

One Thing Done...

Well, I think one thing is done (or nearly):  Housing.  I'll know more later, but I'm pretty sure I've taken care of housing for orientation and training in Arlington, VA.  I should be staying in a one bedroom, furnished apartment at either Sedona or Slate.  Right now I don't know which building or which apartment, but at least I know I have somewhere to stay for my first few months in the DC area.  That's something!

Pics from the web:

Sedona:



(not the actual apartment I'll get)

Slate:



(probably not my apartment, either)

Either one looks nice and I'm sure I'll enjoy whichever building and apartment I get.  They're in Rosslyn, which is only one metro stop from DC and has both Orange and Blue lines running through the station.  Sedona-Slate is also only three blocks from the Rosslyn metro station, so that's great.  There's secure bike parking & storage, a rooftop pool, two fitness centers (one in each building), a pocket park, and the shuttle stop to the Foreign Service Institute is one street over.  Perfect!

I lived in DC before moving to Boston.  That's where Mark and I met.  That was over 20 years ago.  I lived up on Florida Avenue and 15th Street NW -- the edge of the U-Street area.  Back then it was just getting redeveloped and becoming trendy again.  It will be fun to see all the changes, what hasn't changed, and get a different perspective on DC (from across the river).

Move date is July 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment