Saturday, January 7, 2017

Happy 2017!

Well, Happy New Year!

2016 sure was something, huh? Not just the U.S. election, but the loss of so many iconic, controversial, loved, or reviled people. Certainly, we should take a moment of reflection, meditation or prayer for ALL of those who passed in 2016, but here's a brief memorial to just some of those:


But Betty White is still with us!

I hope you had a great Holiday Season.  I did.  I got to go back to Boston for Thanksgiving and spend some time with Mark and Cosmo and also in North Adams, MA with some of Mark's family at his brother - Michael's - place. Actually, I flew on Thanksgiving day and then we drove from the airport to North Adams; so, Thanksgiving was really on Friday this time around.  Some pics of Michael's place:









I think you can AirBnB it, too.  

For Christmas, Mark came down to Charleston for a quick three days.





New Year's Eve was glittery, but low key


Oh, did you know that 2017 is the future?



3 comments:

  1. Hi Michael,

    My name is Jack, and I run the website Path to Foreign Service. I recently found your blog, and I've really enjoyed reading your stories as an FSS in Financial Management!

    I'm touching base to see if you might be interested in writing a guest post on my blog. I write mostly technical information concerning the Foreign Service, but I would LOVE to host stories from people who are currently in the field.

    I would, of course, give you full credit and link back to your blog. I know this is something my audience is also looking for, so my goal this year is to try and provide it for them. If you are interested (I hope you are!), my email is below.

    Thanks!

    Jack
    jack@pathtoforeignservice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. moes pizzeria At Moe's we believe that life is better with pizza. We are a fast-casual restaurant serving handcrafted pizzas, fresh salads, and decadent desserts. Order online for carryout or delivery today!

    ReplyDelete