Saturday, May 6, 2017

Goodbye Charleston

My time in Charleston, SC has ended.  It's been a good assignment - rotating through different parts of financial administration for the State Department.  I've made lots of friends and colleagues and met a ton of people who will be super helpful throughout my foreign service career.

I'll miss Charleston and the friends I've made.  But I'll take with me the friendliness and gentility that I encountered on a daily basis.  I'm also taking with me about 10 extra pounds, but hopefully the DC bike trails can help take care of that.

My last rotation in CGFS was in Disbursing and my last task was a trip to the U.S. Embassy in Kigali, Rwanda to monitor and audit the cashier operations there.  I'm very happy to have had this experience to put training into action and to see how a U.S. Embassy runs.  It was a small preview of some of my duties as a financial management officer at post.

So now it's three months of French language training and then on to the next assignment:  Bamako, Mali.

Before Kigali, I spent two days in Amsterdam.  It was perfect tulip time (late April).  Also, take a boat ride with Those Dam Boat Guys.








Tulips at Keukenhof







A few pics from Kigali.  I definitely want to go back.





No comments:

Post a Comment