Friday, August 23, 2013

Latest Project - Blue Green Cotton Lawn Shirt

My latest sewing project is a long-sleeve shirt out of a blue-green floral cotton lawn shirting fabric that I got from Fabric Mart a while ago.  It's a really nice fabric that was on sale (naturally); it has a very smooth feel and is very light.  I'm using version 5.0 of a shirt pattern I created in Pattern Master Tailor Made, and I think this is the right one.

I've got all the pieces cut - except the cuffs which I always cut after the sleeves are set and finished.  I've sewn together the back, yokes, and fronts. No left-front placket nor pockets.

I decided to add some contrast on the front facings and the inner yoke.  It's a striped cotton broadcloth, which also adds stability in those areas (no interfacing in the facings needed).



I'm also going to use the stripe in the under collar, inner collar band, inside cuffs, and inner sleeve plackets.  On the bias.

Company's coming this weekend, so I may not get back to this until early next week.  My goal is to have it finished (and, possibly one more shirt) before Labor Day weekend.

One thing that still amazes me about tailoring/sewing, is how big the pieces look before they're all sewn together.  Mind you, I'm no size XS, but, still...

No comments:

Post a Comment