Friday, September 6, 2013

Busy Couple of Weeks

Well, it's been busy couple of weeks since the last post.  I've got two shirts almost done.  The blue-green shirt needs button holes, buttons, and a hem:


And I have a red and white multi-striped one that needs buttons and a hem (this is my first button-down collar):


But, I guess the bigger news is that I was accepted into a graduate accounting program:  Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting at Suffolk University in downtown Boston.  Classes started this week and I'm taking four (12 hours):  Intermediate Accounting I, Cost Accounting, Issues in Taxation I, and International Accounting.  It's exciting to be a full-time student again - it's been a while.  These aren't easy-A courses, so it will be a challenge, too, especially since I'm still job hunting and interviewing.  The good news is that Suffolk gears it's graduate business programs to working students, so no classes before 4:30 pm.  Also, if I want to transfer into the Master of Accounting program, I can do so next semester.

Tomorrow I'm starting a 10-day veggie and fruit cleanse, using my Vita-Mix (which I LOVE).  I thought that a time of big changes is a good time to make big changes, right?  It's part of a larger 100-day transformation I'm working on (creating) - more on that in later posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment