Monday, September 9, 2013

100-Day Transformation: Day 2

Day two and so far so good.  I did end up having "dessert" last night of a frozen banana, orange juice, raspberries and blackberries.

Got 30 minutes of yoga in this morning.  Followed up with 10 minutes of meditation.

This morning's blend ingredients:


1 cup Orange Juice
1 cup melon balls
half-handful pomegranate seeds
handful blueberries
2 cups baby spinach
5 raspberries
5 blackberries
3 strawberries
1 pineapple spear
1 mango spear
(didn't use the grapes)
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ginger
1/16 tsp cardamom

The result:


Purple goodness!  Delicious, and I think the spices really help.  It's probably a bit more fruit that I would like, but I wanted sweet this morning.  According to LoseIt!, 379 calories.

Speaking of spices, I have to relate my experience with cardamom.  I was in Hanoi, Vietnam in November 2011 with two very good friends, Jamie and Clinton.  We had had a long day of being out and about in Hanoi.  Mind you, Hanoi is huge and busy, and a bit smelly in places.  We were tired and dirty, Clinton was trying to push us onto an already over-crowded city bus, and we were hungry.  As we were walking along I kept getting a hint of a beautiful, perfumey aroma.  It was wafting all around and I couldn't tell where it was coming from.  Finally, I looked up and saw trees blooming, very fragile, delicate looking blooms.  And the smell was coming down from them.  Cardamom trees were blooming in the evening.  The scent was intoxicating and reinvigorating.  So now, I associate the scent of cardamom with Hanoi.

Lunch blend ingredients:


1/2 cup carrot juice
1/2 cup water
1 tomato
1 small apple
10 grapes
2 celery sticks
2 mini bell peppers
1/3 of the jalapeño
3 or 4 branches of flat-leaf parsley
1/2 tsp minced ginger (use this)
1/8 tsp Thai seasoning
(I didn't use the avocado because it wasn't quite ripe enough)

LoseIt! = 216 calories

The result:

This is tasty - slightly spicy and sweet with a SE Asian twist.  I let it whirl around longer, about 2 minutes, so that it warmed up a bit.  That's something I like about the Vita-Mix is that you can make warm or even hot soups in it, but without actually cooking the ingredients.  Here is someone (not me) making a Vita-Mix soup.

Reading and studying International Accounting this afternoon.  Had to look up Nestle's 2012 Annual Report.  Wow:  $98 Billion in total sales worldwide with $14.9 Billion in total operating profit.  Seriously?

I needed a pick-me-up around 2:30, so I whizzed up a frozen banana, leftover coffee from this morning, and about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.  That did the trick.  125 calories.

I thought about Thai carrot soup for dinner:


1/2 cup of carrot juice
1/2 cup of water
the rest of the bag of mini carrots - about 2 cups
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp garlic (or one clove)
1 tsp lemon grass
the rest of that celery - about 4 stalks
the rest of the jalapeño - about 2/3
1/4 of that lime
1 tsp Thai seasoning

LosIt! says 231 calories

The result:



Good!  But, less jalapeño  next time!  I let it all blend up for about 6 minutes and it was steaming hot.  Yum!

So, LoseIt! summary is:

Breakfast = 379 calories
Lunch = 216
Snack = 125
Dinner = 231
Total = 950


No comments:

Post a Comment